JACL is an experimental Lisp system for the Web browser platform in the early stages development. It was created by Alan Dipert to explore new techniques for developing large SPAs (Single Page Applications) with Lisp.
If you are interested in following JACL development, you may sign up for the JACL News e-mail list to receive short, infrequent updates. Please don't hesitate to send comments or questions you have about JACL to the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- jacl-dist.zip is the JACL distribution. It includes usage instructions and source code. Source code is available under the terms of the MIT License. Please be aware that the functionality of JACL is currently extremely limited and that application development is not yet practical.
- jacl-demo-els-2020.pdf explains the motivation behind JACL, demonstrates its capabilities, and outlines future work.
- 2020-04-28 JACL was successfully presented and demonstrated at ELS 2020. The recording is on YouTube and slides are available.
- 2020-04-19 JACL was discussed on Hacker News.
- 2020-04-17 The JACL source code and this website were made public. It appeared on r/Common_Lisp.
- 2020-03-30 JACL was discussed on r/Common_Lisp.
- 2020-03-24 A paper about JACL was accepted by the European Lisp Symposium 2020 for publication.